The certification program consists of two separate designations:
- The Certified Housing Professional (CHP), is granted to an individual
- The Certified Master Builder (for Builder Members)/or Certified Master Renovator (for Renovator Members) is granted to a company
To become a Certified Master Builder/Renovator, your company must have a CHP on staff. All individuals must have had five years’ experience in housing.
All CHP’s must acquire annual credit hours (8 classroom hours) of education to maintain the CHP designation and pay the annual renewal fee of $50.00. The builder company must pay the annual renewal fee of $175.00.
The course dates are based on two-day segments per week. You must attend all sessions to obtain a certificate. The cost per entry is $2,000.00.
The projected dates for 2019 are:
- Session 1: January 10 and 11
- Session 2: February 21 and 22
- Session 3: March 14 and 15
- Session 4: April 11 and 12
Click HERE for the registration form.
Find out more about the program: https://www.homebuilders.mb.ca/our-membership/master-builder-master-renovator/